Dragon Caravan Travel aims to offer a unique travel experience while promoting Mongol culture. We choose to focus only, for now, on proposing unique traveling experience in Alashan banner – also known as the kingdom of camels – as it offers the best of Inner Mongolia :
- FABULOUS DESERT sceneries : mostly preserved and much more authentic and vast than any other “desert experience” in Inner Mongolia (Hohhot, Baotou….)
- Very LARGE MONGOL COMMUNITY : nomad life, raising camels, yearly gathering (Nadaam), traditions are very much alive here !
- Tibetan BUDDHIST MONASTERIES
- HISTORY : the legendary Black City where Marco Polo once passed by, the mausoleums of the XiXia civilisation
- RESPECT for ANIMALS ( sheep, camels, horses or donkeys are all let free to roam and you will see many while traveling in Alashan )
- Abundant NATURE : while desert covers much of the superficial there are also mountain and grasslands