Adventure Caravan tour – September 4-10th 2019
Join this year Adventure Caravan for an experience of a lifetime. We will ride camels to get deep into the heart of the Badan Jilin desert – 4th biggest desert in the world, UNESCO Global Geopark.
Discover hundreds of oasis in the heart of Badan Jilin Desert and enjoy some of the most stunning panoramas and a breathtaking 360° view from the top of the highest sand dune in the world.
Once we get into the desert, forget cars as we will rely on camels and hiking to navigate the desert.
- 7 days tour – September 4th -10th 2019
- Small tour group (6 to 13 people)
- from 9,300 RMB/person
- Pick-up point : Yinchuan, Ningxia province
- Perfect for :
- Adventure seekers
- Animals & Nature lovers
Adventure tour highlights :
Travel like Marco Polo
Rely on Camels and our feet to discover the quiet beauty of the desert.
Experience Mongol lifestyle
Sleep and eat like local Mongol people. We will share dinner and the roof of one of the few Mongol family that can call Badan Jilin “home”
Explore your inner-Self
The immensity of the desert is perfect for self meditation. We will also visit one of the most remote Buddhism temple.
Deep in the desert, the stars shine so bright at night
Climb the tallest sand dune in the world
Your hard effort to reach the top will be rewarded by an amazing 360° panorama
Magic of Inner Mongolia in enchanted Alashan
Adventure tour itinerary
Pick-up at Yinchuan airport and transfer to the desert entrance. We’ll stop on the way to visit Bayanhaote Old Town and ancient rock carvings
We’ll leave the cars and start our camel caravan. Sleeping and dinner in the wild or at local herdsman place.
Day 6 – 7
We’ll head back to Bayanhaote and visit a buddhist monastery on the way back. Visits on day 7 are depending on your flight schedule in Yinchuan.
What is the Adventure Caravan tour pricing ?
Our pricing is 9300 RMB/person based on double occupancy (tents, hotel room on Day 6,…) and 9800 RMB/person for single traveler.
How do I secure my spot on this tour?
You can secure your booking by paying a deposit of RMB3000. To start the booking process, click on the ‘Click here to join our tour’ button and get in touch with us.
What is your cancellation policy?
The Adventure Caravan tour is refundable, less deposit, if formal written cancellation is lodged at least 45 days prior to departure.
Is this trip guaranteed to run?
This trip is guaranteed to run once we receive bookings from 6 travellers. Should the trip be cancelled due to lack of sign-ups, Dragon Caravan will fully refund any deposits or fees paid to us.
Any information to have in mind ?
Check our FAQ to learn more about Alashan region and what to expect when travelling with us.
- All transportation from and back to the tour pick-up point (Yinchuan city, Ningxia province, P.R.China)
- All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
- All meals as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water
- All services of Dragon Caravan English/French-speaking guide(s) and experts
- All accommodations, based on double-occupancy room or tents
What’s Not Included:
- International & domestic flights and relevant taxes to the tour pick-up point (Yinchuan city, Ningxia province, P.R.China)
- Chinese tourist visa, which is required for most foreign passport holders
- Travel, health and trip cancellation insurance
- Meals apart from those included in the itinerary and alcohol
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Discretionary gratuities for guides and chauffeurs